Monday, April 1, 2013

A Variety of Experiences by Jessica Nietfeld

Interning this week was a challenge. I had schedule conflicts with the graphic designers, who are designing promotional posters for a project that I am ahead of in the office.  Luckily, I contacted them in advance to show respect for both, their schedule and mine. 

I also got to help with putting on a job fair!  There were over 40 employers that attended.  My duties were setting up posters, helping employers set up, and directing students to take surveys so they could win prizes!  Overall the day of the event was fun and exciting!  Offering to help anyone and everyone is always a good strength to have! 

In between the development of posters and the job fair, I was meeting with students regarding the internship search process.  Good news, I had zero no shows! 

This week, I will continue to meet with students regarding internship development!  In addition, my first Internship Search and Preperation presentation will be tomorrow, which means today I will be prepping in-between student meetings.    Mostly, I am excited to better my speaking skills so I can add this experience to my resume! 

The best part of my internship is the variety of experiences!  My goal when I got this internship was to continue building on my skills no matter what duties I was asked to do.  Whether big or small, all the experiences I act on have demonstrated my strengths of cooperation and collaboration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment