Monday, March 18, 2013

Ellen Dodor Week 3


I don’t have the ordinary internship. I am lucky enough to not only work in radio but to speak on air to thousands of listeners in central Minnesota. I feel lucky to be w0rking at this station because I know that there are students out there just like me who would love the opportunity I have.

I am currently studying public relations in school and it seems weird that I have a radio broadcast internship, but I really do love what I do! I was recently at a networking event in the twin cities when a woman asked me if I wanted to get into radio. I replied that I would like to but I don’t know if I would be good at it as a career. I’ve made a good intern and I enjoy what I do, it’s just thinking about whether I am that passionate enough to pursue things further.

Radio for me is fun. By fun I mean I don’t know if I trust myself enough to have that much fun and have it be a career. The last time I enjoyed something so much was when I was working at a waterpark as a lifeguard. I’ve never been in a position or have been told that I could enjoy something so much and take it seriously.

I enjoy myself every morning I take song requests and line up the first four callers to win prizes, but what I wonder is can I enjoy something so much and it also be my career? I know that is something we all strive for but I get this feeling like it’s too good to be true. I feel like I shouldn’t be having this much fun at a place that isn’t even paying me to be there. I don’t know if this is normal but I guess it’s all a part of the adventure of figuring out what to do with your life.

For now I’ll keep taking your song requests and doing my best to stay funny and to keep you laughing during your morning commute!

No comments:

Post a Comment